- Hook, Line & Sinker
- When Community Comes Together
- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
Constellation Energy Nuclear Group exceeds United Way Campaign Goal
- Updated: February 23, 2012
Constellation Energy Nuclear Group (CENG) recently announced that employees at its Ginna Nuclear Power Plant raised more than $187,000 to benefit United Way of Wayne County during the 2011 campaign year. The campaign total includes CENG’s corporate match of fifty cents for every employee dollar.
“The remarkable support of our employees, particularly in these challenging economic times, truly makes a difference in our community. Our employees directly impact United Way’s ability to advance the common good by creating opportunities and a better life for all,” said Frank Fink, Director of Operational Finance at Ginna Nuclear Power Plant.
Employees organized and participated in a number of events to raise money and awareness for United Way. An auction, golf tournament, ice-cream sale and other events spurred employees to donate even more than last year.
“The time, effort and dedication demonstrated by everyone in the company to help the community and United Way are incredible,” said Carol Pettis, Regional Director for United Way of Wayne County. “With continuing shifts and challenges in the local economy, this level of support ensures that we can continue to provide critical services to children, youth, seniors and families right here in Wayne County. That’s why this campaign is so important to our agencies and the people in our community who increasingly must turn to them for help.”
For more information about how you can be a part of the 2012 Live United campaign efforts, please call the United Way of Wayne County at (315) 331-2773. You may also visit their website at www.uwwaynecounty.org