Gananda School Board – August 29, 2012
Gananda Central School District Board of Education President, Ms. Lisa Finnegan, called to order a business meeting at 7:00 PM in the District Office Meeting Room. Meeting minutes from the July 25, 2012, the August 8, 2012, and the august 11, 2012 meetings were approved as presented. Other business conducted included the approval of the Consent Agenda Financial Reports, and the Committee on Special Education and Committee on Preschool Education Recommendations. Under business the board approved an agreement Between Gananda CSD and the Secretary to the Superintendent of Schools, Effective July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2015. Additionally, the board approved a Free & Reduced Price Lunch Policy Statement for the district.
Under Personnel, the board approved the following:
Position control included rescinding the appointment of Elliott Butt as the Student Congress Advisor, Amy Pterson’s appointment as Rachel’s Challenge Advisor, and the appointment of matt Harvey as Rachel’s Challenge Co-Advisor. Approved increases to work hours – Jody Doud from 4 to 5 Hours per Day, and Lisa White from 3 to 4 Hours per Day, both food service workers and at no cost to tax-payers, effective 9/1/2012. Additional work hour increases were approved for Jim Tribol, from .4 to .6 FTE; Justin Devlin, from .6 to .8 FTE; and Melissa Benulis, from .8 to 1.0 FTE. Resignations were received from Susan Powell- Teacher Aide, effective 8-31-12; Diane Dobbins- Typist, effective 9-15-12; and Michelle Miller- Teacher Aide, efffective 8-28-12 and approved. Lastly a leave of absence from Carolyn Marasco- Foreign Language Teacher was approved from 7-1-12 through 6-30-13. Discussion amongst the board and Superintendent Van Scoy indicated that 4 positions remain unfilled at this time- a Business Official, Business Administrator, 1 Teacher Aide, and 1 Bus Mechanic.
New hires were approved as follows:
• Kari Miller, Probationary Special Education Teacher, Effective 8/29/2012
• Meaghan Knapp, Probationary Teaching Assistant, Effective 8/29/2012
• Michelle Miller, Probationary Teaching Assistant, Effective 8/29/2012
• Lorrie Giles, Probationary Food Service Helper, Effective 8/30/2012
• Susan Diesti, Probationary Food Service Helper, Effective 8/30/2012
• Michael Orth, Substitute Teacher, Effective 9/1/2012
• Brittany Herbst, Substitute Teacher, Effective 9/1/2012
• Bailey Thomson, Substitute Teacher, Effective 9/1/2012
• Amber Woodward, Substitute Teacher Aide, Effective 9/1/2012
Approved Appointments were as follows:
• Tracy Gregoire, Probationary Special Education Teacher, Effective 8/29/2012
• Cindy Stevens, National Junior Honor Society Advisor, Effective 9/1/2012 – 6/30/2013
• Renee Root, K-12 Special Education Lead Teacher, Effective 9/1/2012
• Elliott Butt, Assistant to High School Principal, Effective 9/1/2012 – 6/30/2013
• Elliott Butt, Student Congress Co-Advisor, Effective 9/1/2012 – 6/30/2013
• Amy Peterson, Student Congress Co-Advisor, Effective 9/1/2012 –6/30/2013
• Matt Harvey, Rachel’s Challenge Advisor, Effective 9/1/2012 – 6/30/2013
• Chris Potter, Extra Class Assignment, Effective 9/1/2012 – 6/30/2013
• Jon Schoeffel, Pool Supervisor, Effective 8/30/2012
• Diane Dobbins, Substitute Clerical Support, Effective 9/16/2012
During the Superintendent’s Report Dr. VanScoy brought the board members on the annual Tour of Facilities, which included the grounds and buildings.
No other business came before the board and the meeting was adjourned. The next meeting of the GCSD Board of Ed will be a work session, to be held on Wednesday, September 12th, at 7:00 PM in the Gananda Central District Office Meeting Room.
By Becky Block