- Hook, Line & Sinker
- When Community Comes Together
- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
Macedon man already in Jail receives additional charges following Feb. 5th tirade
- Updated: February 23, 2012
On February 5th, 2012, the Sheriffs Office responded to the American Legion for the report of a disturbance. An intoxicated male was reported to have placed his ex-girl friend’s car in neutral and rolled it into another vehicle. Police responded to investigate.
Before they could get to the Legion, 911 received a report of a garage fire. The fire was at the ex girlfriend’s home only minutes from the Legion. The Macedon Fire Company responded and quickly extinguished the blaze at 13 North Erie Street in Macedon.
A subsequent investigation found that the fire was intentionally set. On 2/19/12, Sheriffs Investigators charged a Macedon man with intentionally setting his ex-girlfriend’s garage on fire. Brent M. Ashley, age 31, of 253 Country Circle, Macedon, who was already in jail for causing significant damage to his ex girlfriend’s car at the Legion, was additionally charged with Arson in the Third degree and Burglary in the Third degree.
Ashley was arraigned in the Palmyra Town Court, where Judge Rodman read the charges and adjusted Ashley’s bail to $40,000 cash/$80,000 bond. Ashley was re-committed to The Wayne County Jail. His case will be heard in The Macedon Village Court in the near future.